Cogito, ergo sum... (I think, therefore I am)

Thursday, January 13, 2005

52 books in 52 weeks! Let the saga begin...

This post, for me, was food for thought. A guy just finished 52 books in 52 weeks, i.e. the year 2004. Why can't I do the same in 2005? I'm on my way. It's a coincidence that I just finished one book, and am about to finish one tonight. Let's see how far I can take this. I'm going to track my progress on this blog, and if anyone has any good recommendations, I'd welcome them (the hard- or soft-copy of the book would also be appreciated ;)). The books I've finsihed (or almost finished) are:
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur C. Clarke)
  • I, Robot (Isaac Asimov)
I guess most of what I'll be reading is probably going to be fiction, because it's:
  • Entertaining
  • Cheap
  • Easily Available

3 Comments:

  • Dude, I could recommend an entire library of good books, and 52 in a year is a pretty easy goal, actually. But here, my recommendations for now are:

    The Prophet by Khalil Jibran
    Ivanhoe by sir Walter Scott
    The Crucible by Arthur Miller
    1984 by George Orwell
    Peace Like a River by Lief Enger
    The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling
    Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

    By Blogger Abez, at 1:59 AM  

  • Thanks for the nice suggestions Abez! I'll get working on those books. btw, when are you moving to Dubai? My whole family lives in Dubai.

    By Blogger Khurram, at 12:49 PM  

  • Possibly sooner than we hoped for sir, a deal for Chez Daddy may be finalized soon, InshaAllah, InshaAllah... Btw, how does your family like it there?

    By Blogger Abez, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home