Cogito, ergo sum... (I think, therefore I am)

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Update on Google's revealing searches...

Regarding my last entry about unsecured webcams, I just googled around a bit, and discovered that there are lots of such URL's, and they're also listed on some websites. Here's a good website which shows a lot of such 'Google Hacks'. And here's an ebook in PDF format which explains the methodology behind such attacks. No doubt about it, Google is all-powerful in the internet world!

4 Comments:

  • hi man. i tried around a dozen of the search results for unsecured webcams but none seem to work. dont think i'm doing something wrong here--Farrukh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 AM  

  • Umm, that's actually kind of scary. I don't know if I'd want to see what was on those cameras!

    By Blogger Abez, at 5:21 AM  

  • It's nothing that bad or scary abez, but as one guy wrote in the forum which I linked to in my last post,

    "This begs to question:

    How would you feel if you stumbled upon a cam where someone was being robbed, or a robbery was being committed in an empty store, or a fire or worse a murder - what would you do, how would you feel?"

    Pretty poignant question, isn't it?

    By Blogger Khurram, at 5:24 PM  

  • miserably helpless I suppose.

    By Blogger Abez, at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home